Program Guidelines for Funding Consideration
AdventHealth in Volusia and Flagler counties is a not-for-profit healthcare system that includes the following hospitals:
- AdventHealth Daytona Beach – Daytona Beach, Florida
- AdventHealth DeLand – DeLand, Florida
- AdventHealth Fish Memorial – Orange City, Florida
- AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach – New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- AdventHealth Palm Coast – Palm Coast, Florida
AdventHealth has a long-standing history of providing philanthropic support for projects and programs that benefit the communities it serves.
AdventHealth provides substantial uncompensated medical care as well as community support through its education and community initiatives. The ability to deliver financial support to community organizations is directly related to AdventHealth’s operating performance and mission focus.
For your convenience, AdventHealth has developed this guide for submitting requests for support or sponsorship. The information is designed to help you determine the compatibility of your organization’s funding request with AdventHealth’s mission, vision and core values.
AdventHealth’s Goals for Community Giving are:
- Support programs that uphold AdventHealth’s mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
- To work with our community partners to address those issues that we, as a healthcare provider, can best impact including wellness, quality of life and environment.
- To invest in our community to improve the quality of life for current and future residents.
AdventHealth employees are encouraged to volunteer and assist our community partners in ways that bring measurable benefits. Our employees may be available to provide leadership on a board, donate time, energy and skills to a project, or assist in other ways.
How Proposed Projects are Selected for Funding
Generally, we will support:
- Projects consistent with the mission and values of AdventHealth.
- Projects that will impact or help improve the health status of the community.
- Projects that support healthcare agencies which provide the community with education, health and research assistance.
- Projects that support the under-served and poor of the community.
- Projects that help children, adults and families learn important life skills needed to be successful as students, parents, employees and employers, community citizens and leaders.
Note: AdventHealth’s contributions are awarded on a year-by-year basis to meet changing community needs and to address new challenges. Therefore, our support of worthy causes or activities during one year does not necessarily guarantee continued or future funding.
AdventHealth Does Not Provide Funding for the Following:
- Fraternities and Sororities
- Individual scholarships and fellowships
- Individual scout troops and smaller group activities
- Organizations based outside the AdventHealth service area
- Pageants or field trips
Note: AdventHealth does not discriminate based upon creed, color, national origin, religion or gender.
Guidelines for the Submission of a Sponsorship or Community Support/In-Kind Request
To insure equitable and timely distribution of funds for all requests and to make sure that each request granted supports the AdventHealth mission, all requests for sponsorship/support must be submitted online 6 months in advance. Please allow 30 days for review and approval. (this includes any requests for financial contribution, in-kind printing and design, food contributions, volunteers, health screenings, first aid services, incentive items, etc.), the following guidelines must be followed:
- All requests must be submitted on-line. No verbal request will be honored.
- All written requests must be accompanied by a completed AdventHealth Sponsorship Application.
- For in-kind printing requests, please review the AdventHealth In-Kind Printing/Design Request Guidelines. After reviewing, please submit a completed AdventHealth In-Kind Printing/Design Request Form.
- All requests must be submitted at least 6 months prior to the date that funds are needed. Requests that do not meet this deadline may not be considered.
- AdventHealth’s Sponsorship Review Committee will consider qualified requests and will respond within 30 days of your submission.
- In order to support as many community organizations as possible, AdventHealth will limit the support provided to a maximum of one request per organization unless otherwise specified by the Sponsorship Review Committee.
- All in-kind requests for services, i.e. health screenings and printing, will be assigned a monetary value and considered part of AdventHealth’s contribution to an organization.
Suggested Proposal Format
The following information is required:
- Today’s date
- Organization’s name and address
- Contact person
- Phone, fax and email address
- Organization’s tax ID number
- Organization’s non-profit certification
A brief overview of the sponsorship or support opportunity should be included, outlining its significance to the community and AdventHealth. The overview should include:
- Date of the event
- History of the event or project
- Purpose and goals of the project
- Other community organizations involved
- Geographic areas served
- Proposed activities
- Number of people served or participating
- Expected effects/outcomes of the proposed project
- How will the success/failures of the project be evaluated?
- Benefits of project to AdventHealth
- Expected costs of project
- Amount of request
- Beginning and ending dates of the project or period for which funds are sought
- A brief description of your organization and/or annual report